Live Below the Line - Day Three

Today has been rough.  I thought we were doing so well the last two days, and I wasn't hungry. I thought we were home free, and I had planned the meals impeccably, but today I have been really hungry.

All afternoon I kept pacing the floor doing things thinking "I just want a biscuit and a cup of tea with milk and a chocolate!"  My tummy has been rumbling all day, and weirdly, I've had terrible heartburn.  I just want to drink a big glass of milk, but it's not in the budget.  I don't know how hungry children the world over go to school (or worse, work) feeling like this.  It's hard to concentrate, and it took me almost two hours to feel awake this morning.  All I wanted to do this afternoon was take a nap, but I didn't really have time for that.

Dinner tonight was both fun and passably tasty.  Homemade pasta!  Josh says it is PlayDoh for adults, and he is so right.  I love eating fresh pasta.  Our recipe is at the bottom!

Breakfast: Porridge with 1/2 a banana and a cup of black tea

Lunch:  Carrot soup with flatbreads


Dinner:  Fresh pasta with half a jar of Basics pasta sauce and some fresh basil leaves

LBL Fresh pasta

140g plain flour
1 whole egg plus 1 yolk

Blitz the flour and eggs in a food processor until it resembles tiny breadcrumbs, then smush it together into a ball.  Knead for 1 minute, then cover in a bowl of cling film for one hour in the fridge.  Process with your pasta maker (this assumes you have one!).  Boil for 2-3 minutes until al dente and serve.






Comments

Popular Posts